Next week is the 4th annual National Tax Security Awareness Week – December 2 through December 6. According to the IRS, this is the heaviest period of time when people are online and when phishing is most common. The five days, starting with Cyber Monday, will feature topics about basic security guidance.
- Day 1: Protect personal and financial information online
- Day 2: Learn to recognize phishing emails and phone scams
- Day 3: Create strong passwords to protect online accounts
- Day 4: Recognize clues of identity theft
- Day 5: Tax professionals should review their safeguards